The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts of original contributions to the Congress. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and may be selected for either oral or poster presentation. Abstracts should be submitted in English. Please note that abstracts must be submitted through the official online abstract submission system. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and may be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts should be submitted in English and sent by March 1st, 2019. Please note that abstracts must be submitted through the official online abstract submission system. Any Abstract can be modified by clicking on the link found in the confirmation email. No faxed or e-mailed abstract will be accepted. Detailed information, guidelines and recommendations for oral or poster presentation, as well as time allotment, date, hour and venue will be sent by e-mail to the registered presenting Author. At least one Author of accepted abstracts is required to register and pay the registration fee to ensure the rights for the presentation. ECG is unable to support any participation cost related to submitted abstract, including registration, travel and accommodation.
Instructions for electronic submission
- Individuals may present only one abstract.
- Projects being submitted must be original research.
- Submitters may NOT split one study into several papers, as they may be asked to combine for review.
- Individuals can co-author multiple abstracts.
- Previously published abstracts (in print or any electronic format) or those presented at another meeting are not allowed.
- The title of the abstract should be printed in initial capital letters followed by lower case.
- The name(s) of the Author(s) should be preceded by the initials (please omit titles).
- Organization should be abbreviated, with capitalization as in title.
- Each contributor has to put each surname first, without abbreviating this to an initial. Also, do not put full capitals to highlight what is the surname, but just use an initial capital.
- The submitting author is responsible also for the correct use of initials and surnames of their co-authors
- Affiliations: all authors should have an affiliation, at least with a basic entry including the country.
- The structure of the abstracts should include an introduction, methods, results and key conclusions.
- Abbreviations should be defined by being placed in parentheses immediately after the full word or phrase has been typed for the first time.
- No graphs, figures, tables or unusual symbols can be included.
- Place citations to references in square brackets, eg .
- If there are references after the abstract, there should also be citations to the refs in the abstract, and vice versa.
- Decimal punctuation is with a decimal point (in English), not with comma.
- Generic (nonproprietary) names should be used for drugs and substances.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words.